Cory upside down but not dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrage22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Woke up this morning to find one of my cories on top floating, I was going to net him to dispose it, but all of a sudden he started to splash around. He did that if anything would touch him.

The parameters are all good. The tank has been up for a few months now and was cycled in about couple weeks from old filter media.
It's a 20 long with 5 Cory, 4 cardinals, and 3 otos. All the cories last night were perfectly fine with no signs of illness. I do 40% water changes every single week.

Was this just a dud in the batch??

Corys can be somewhat sensitive, from my experience anyway. It's not that he's a "dud" but he could be the runt of the litter, so to speak.

It's definitely not a good sign that he was floating. You'll need to keep a sharp eye on this tank.

LyndaB said:
Corys can be somewhat sensitive, from my experience anyway. It's not that he's a "dud" but he could be the runt of the litter, so to speak.

It's definitely not a good sign that he was floating. You'll need to keep a sharp eye on this tank.

I agree that doesn't sound too good at all. Hope it gets better soon :(

Back
Top Bottom