cory with rapid breathing and stunted barbels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnt2k14

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking for a diagnosis for my peppered cory.

Tank is 29 g with rocks, drift wood and fake plants. Sand substrate. API test kit shows no ammonia or nitrite and around 30-40ppm nitrAte at the end of the week when I do a pwc ~50%. Temp is around 76F. air stone.

tank mates are 11 glofish tetras, 3 peppered cory and 1 albino cory and they are looking normal and healthy.

The cory in question looked fine a week ago - barbels were normal and was active like the rest of the corys. last night I noticed he was kind of just sitting on the bottom and not moving alot. When I looked closely I noticed rapid breathing and stunted (about half the usual length and rounded off at the end) barbels. I've had this fish for about 2 months now along with the other corys.

Anybody have any thoughts on what might be going on with my cory and what I might do to get him better?

-John

Change more water is all..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Definitely, change more water. I understand Cories are extra sensitive to nitrates.

Keeping my sleeves wet...
Sent via Carrier Goldfish

Thanks. I will

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know that my corys start to freak out if nitrates get above 20 or 30 ppm. I do a 50%water change and vaccum on weekends but also do a smaller water change during the week. Only takes like 10 min after work and seems to keep them happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, fishy. Gonna work on a schedule for more PWCs to lower the nitrates.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom