Cory with weird white stuff - not ich..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

siva

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a panda cory that almost looks like it's shedding. There are like stringy white bits on it..like if you got a sunburn and your skin was peeling back. Ever seen anything like that?

I've never seen anything like it. It died, along with 2 others. So 3 out of 4 so far. :nono:

Oh no! :( I would think slime coat issues, which is usually something worse, and they are trying to protect themselves by creating extra slime coat.

Really, wow. Thank you. I never would've thought. Maybe they had a rough trip. Poor little guy is all alone now :( I'll have to order him some buddies. I sure hope they do better this time!

I wish you luck!!! They sure are cute little buggers, and fun to watch! I had 3 and they were crazy.
Re-reading my post made me realize it didn't make a lot of sense LOL, that's what 2am typing will get you. ;) Fish produce extra slime coat to protect themselves from something else. There, that's better. LOL

Back
Top Bottom