Corydora got Growth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DBradar3

Aquarium Advice Regular
It's been a super long time since I've posted a thread. All my fish have been fine until recently.

I had a Siamese Algae Eater for a little while. Suddenly he developed a swelling on the left side of his face. It was red and centered just below the eye, causing the eye itself to also be swelled. I did water changes and the swelling went down for almost two days before it came back despite further water changes and then he died.

Now one of my oldest Corydoras has developed a GROWTH on the underside of his tale toward the left. There's no redness and upon closer inspection there's darkness in his body above the growth. I also just noticed his two bottom fins that he perches with are gone :puppydogeyes:! He keeps hovering at the top of the heaters and the glass, similar to preparing for egg laying, but I don't think it's pregnancy (honestly don't know if he's male or female but my other cories have been pregnant before and he seems too thin). He swims fine otherwise. It's almost like it's just too uncomfortable to sit on the sand.

I only have my phone camera so I apologize for the blurriness.
view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OGF-3CtcXOId2BIQDsW7Cas_6XL0Fe2X/view?usp=sharing

I have input the first dose of tetracycline in case he has fin rot because of his bottom fins gone. I'm still lost about the lump though.

I agree with the water changes. Get a high quality food as well. Sea Diamond has this awesome tropical flake that helps with bacterial infections in the gut. Its great for digestion. I use it on all my freshwater fish. Simple ingredients and a great price, check it out: https://www.ebay.com/i/264088773561?chn=ps

Definitely do weekly water changes and don't buy those chemicals that treat illnesses. Complete waste of money. Stick with a high quality food and water changes.

Your first fish loss sounds like TB which can occur around the eye. It's contagious and will start in the body of the fish. Many skin diseases that develop to the point of open sores and fin loss needs medication. Some things are to far along for the fish to heal itself with water changes.

Back
Top Bottom