Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Be careful with PimaFix, as one of its ingredients is clove oil and an overdose can kill all the fish in the tank, even the healthy ones.

I stopped using the mela/pimafix when I noticed it wasnt getting any better.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I had columnaris rip through my mbuna tank last year killing over 20 fish, I tried Melafix/Pimafix and that did nothing to slow the disease down. I tried Maracyn 1&2 with Maroxy with no effect and the only thing that finally worked was Jungle's fungus clear.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

HUKIT, where did you find the fungus clear? was it local?

I went as far as using paranox and quanzipranquel and de-los from fishyfarmacy.com and NOTHING worked, Once everything was figured out I lost 10 of 13 angels, 6 of them being breeding pairs.

Where did you get the MBUNA from, Hukit? I got a feeling mine was sold to me the columnaris that is.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDevil View Post
HUKIT, where did you find the fungus clear? was it local?

I went as far as using paranox and quanzipranquel and de-los from fishyfarmacy.com and NOTHING worked, Once everything was figured out I lost 10 of 13 angels, 6 of them being breeding pairs.

Where did you get the MBUNA from, Hukit? I got a feeling mine was sold to me the columnaris that is.
I found Fungus Clear and Parasite Clear(works great for Bloat) from Walmart on RT.31 in Crystal Lake, I recieved a shipment of Ruby Red peacocks from Liveaquaria last year, quarentined the fish for 3 weeks then added them to the display tank and all **** broken loose. I spent over $150 for meds and that didn't include the fish I lost. The funny thing the Ruby Red's all survived.

I now keep 10-12 boxes of each on hand in the medicine chest. I know Jungles on the lower end of meds but I swear by both of these and they are around $3 a box.

Tags
cotton, dying fish, fungus, fuzzy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com