cramped fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok you're going to want to watch that carefully for infection. Any sign and he'll need antibiotic treatment such as Maracyn or Kanacyn. How much salt have you added and what's the temp at?

Also go ahead and give him the flashlight test. Shine the light on him and see if there is a copper-ish dusting over his scales. From the pic, it doesn't appear to be velvet, but might as well check.

Maybe it's just the pic, but he does appear bloated to me..are you sure that's how his tummy always looks?

I thought it could be an ammo burn but he had said all the parameters are good.

All the others are fine. My temp sits at 26 but it keeps dropping due to flow problem. Getting a new filter soon. I dosed the tank with 1 teaspoon. But how offten do u dose a tank. At the moment I do it wen I do a pwc. The pic is with a light over him. Checked again no signof velvet.

All the others are fine. My temp sits at 26 but it keeps dropping due to flow problem. Getting a new filter soon. I dosed the tank with 1 teaspoon. But how offten do u dose a tank. At the moment I do it wen I do a pwc. The pic is with a light over him. Checked again no signof velvet.

When treating with salt I use a hydrometer to make sure I don't get the salinity too high. If you are able to pick up a cheap one of those that would be great. If not I would just be very careful. I wouldn't exceed 1tsp per gallon. Also remember salt does not evaporate when the water does. Don't keep salt in the tank for long..hopefully no more than a week. Also be sure you always disolve salt in water then add water to tank, and never add salt straight to tank water. :)

I agree. Specifically ammo and nitrite are only really fine in an established tank if at zero.

my ammo and nitrites are at 0. thanks on the advise on a hydrometer, al be getting one, plus thanks for the advise on the salt because, the instructions arent the clearest.

No problem! One thing I remembered to add..some hydrometers don't test for an SG as low as you are going to want it..make sure the one you pick will give readings as low as 1.004 because that's probably about as high as you want to take it :)

ok doke thanks for that. ive just got a new filter the day to the tank. changing from the fluval chi to a fluval U1. hope it solves my circulation problem

Ok you are using some if not all of the original filter media, yes?

Well folks thanks for all the advise but I've lost the battle Thai died during the night  totally gutted. He was starting to look better as well.

So sorry to hear it Will :(.

Sounds like you did everything you could, but it happens and it hurts, so don't blame yourself.
cheers mate, :), but this time its put me off betta's, i'm giving dwarf gouramis ago, my fiance bought me two males today to cheer me up. i already had 2 females. so we'l see wat happens. i've isolated the agressive guppy for now see if it improves the mood in the tank.

:thanks:to everyone that help me through this battle, it's been great to have such great advise close to had.

Oh man that really stinks..sorry you lost him :(

I'll be interested to hear all all those gourami's get along!

Back
Top Bottom