Crayfish and a bug bomb...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

venom889

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. Firstly I am new and in somewhat of an urgent situation, so please forgive me if I am breaking any rules or there is a better spot for this post.

Early this morning my father set off bug bombs (foggers) in several rooms in the house. In one of them was my 10 gallon fish tank that contains a blue Crayfish, and neon tetra and a small pleco. Sadly we didn't even think to remove the fish from the tank. The air pump and filter were running during the entire duration. Later this evening I came in to the room and see that the crayfish is laying on her back and barely moving. All of the other fish are unscathed fortunately. I cant tell if she is molting or dying a slow death. What is your advice? Should I leave her be and hope for the best? should I take her out of the tank and put her in fresh water? I hesitate to do that because if she IS molting, I don't want to hurt her and kill her that way.

You're time and advice is appreciated

The first thing to do is a large 50% WC. I hope your tank had a tight fitting lid. As for your blue crawdad, you have eyes on it, your call. I'm sure next time you will cover the tank with a blanket. We all make mistakes, I hope everything works out.

+ one on water change and maybe even add carbon to filter...IMO this is exactly what carbon is for, to remove toxins or contaminants in water.
Good luck and change water for a couple days in a row IMO..
How is the cray ? Cray molt on their back I believe ..

Back
Top Bottom