crimped fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OrbMan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello, my female guppy is all crimped after giving birth yesterday,
also, did 50% pwc yesterday, need to get to the store to buy a new test kit, but thought i would post to save time.
any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG00064-20120706-1139.jpg
    IMG00064-20120706-1139.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 62
I've never had/bred guppies, so will defer to those with more experience than yours truly if they see it differently, but I personally wouldn't be to worried.

I think it'd be pretty normal to show signs of stress (clamped fins) immediately after giving birth. I'd keep an eye on the fish and look out for any additional changes, and keep an eye on water quality (which you're doing), but again, showing signs of stress after giving birth would be, I think, pretty normal under the circumstances.

Good luck!

thanks RussellC,
unfortunately the Female Guppy did not make it through the night:(, so i guess i do need to pay closer attention to my water chem, the silver lining is that even though i lost my guppy, i have about 25 fry that she was able to produce just hours before she passed:cool:.
i tested this morning and found the following
pH=7.6
Ammonia=0ppm
Nitrites=0ppm
Nitrates=40ppm

Sometimes when females out birth themselves they will "birth" out there own guts, and since she was so flat i would say she did that. Im sorry to hear about your fish though

Back
Top Bottom