Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi sorry to hear of your losses could you not have a different net for each tank? A different syphon tube could work out dear though? My old fish shop used Myxazin at a double dosage or even treble dosage rate? Myxazin is a general bactericide so upping the dosage should work and the net doesn't need rinsing,but not sure how often you would have to change the 'dip'? Also if you done the tanks on different days and just made sure the stuff you used was well dried out,it would then be safe to use again.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
Hi sorry to hear of your losses could you not have a different net for each tank? A different syphon tube could work out dear though? My old fish shop used Myxazin at a double dosage or even treble dosage rate? Myxazin is a general bactericide so upping the dosage should work and the net doesn't need rinsing,but not sure how often you would have to change the 'dip'? Also if you done the tanks on different days and just made sure the stuff you used was well dried out,it would then be safe to use again.
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into the Myxazin tomorrow at the pet store. I do have 2 nets just stopped using both(just being lazy). Most of the time I clean my tanks on the same day tho - one after the other, but are you sure dry utensils would be safe to use again? I gotta by another clear tube for syphoning - I bought the graval vaccum, but don't really like it cause gravel keeps getting stuck in the tube. The one I made is more effective.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

FYI myxazin stains so be aware of that.
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Good to know that, I may have to scrape that idea then, I wouldn want speckle stains on the rugs. I'll look into the pp you recommended.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two View Post
FYI myxazin stains so be aware of that.
Good point its terrible stuff
I also clean all my tanks on the same day at the same time,and have only ever once had a problem,so its not too much of a problem unless you know one of your tanks has a problem of course Yes dry them out and they will be OK
Old 02-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
Good point its terrible stuff
I also clean all my tanks on the same day at the same time,and have only ever once had a problem,so its not too much of a problem unless you know one of your tanks has a problem of course Yes dry them out and they will be OK
Me too. I only disinfect between tanks if one has a problem or new fish.
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ir the same gravel vac and net ( and food scource of that matters) for both of my tanks ( beta tank I rinse and boil rocks not enugh to siphon but I use same net) should I do something like a warm salt bath for the stuff ( also with the siphon do I have to rinse the inside of the hose?)

Tags
contaminated, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com