Crowntail betta's color is bleeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FastFly67

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is PorkCop quite a few weeks ago.
img_902171_0_061e5af3f6cc2b2cf734a9871c2a619e.jpg

Notice his 'fringe fin' is basically all white. Noticed yesterday that his 'fringe fin' is starting to become purple.
PorkCop as of about 20-30 minutes ago.
img_902171_1_d45a6c9510d876b19c559103bfcbf1aa.jpg

Anybody have a clue as far as what could be happening?

Anything new in the tank? Any new tankmates? I'm not sure it is abnormal, I will do some research and see what I can find out.

Anything new in the tank? Any new tankmates? I'm not sure it is abnormal, I will do some research and see what I can find out.
I added that plant maybe two weeks ago. And moved my algae eater out when I noticed them scuffling. That was well over a week ago.

Well it's hard to tell. In the first pic I do actually see a tinge of purple to the white fin. Maybe it's just lighting making him look different in different parts of the tank? But I could be wrong...it could be age or color enhancing food...I don't think it's unheard of and as long as he is behaving normally I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Well it's hard to tell. In the first pic I do actually see a tinge of purple to the white fin. Maybe it's just lighting making him look different in different parts of the tank? But I could be wrong...it could be age or color enhancing food...I don't think it's unheard of and as long as he is behaving normally I wouldn't worry too much about it.
the first one was a camera phone picture. the second with a digital. plus different lighting and they were taken in two different tanks as well.

"It's very common for a Betta's coloration to change shortly after you bring him home. When the fish goes from cold dirty water at the store and is placed in a clean warm environment their true colors begin to intensify in their vibrancy and often the change can be quite drastic. I have observed this color change happen anywhere from the first couple of days up to a month or more after arrival. As Bettas age, their color changes as well so you may notice even more surprises over the next year. When the fish reaches the end of his natural life you may again notice the color changing but this time it will become dull and faded." - Nippyfish: A Betta Blog

"It's very common for a Betta's coloration to change shortly after you bring him home. When the fish goes from cold dirty water at the store and is placed in a clean warm environment their true colors begin to intensify in their vibrancy and often the change can be quite drastic. I have observed this color change happen anywhere from the first couple of days up to a month or more after arrival. As Bettas age, their color changes as well so you may notice even more surprises over the next year. When the fish reaches the end of his natural life you may again notice the color changing but this time it will become dull and faded." - Nippyfish: A Betta Blog
I don't think I like that last part too much. :(
Thanks for the help.

Oh goodness, I'm sorry! Don't worry about that part! I'm sure PorkCop is nowhere near the end of his life! Plus, it said that colors dull and fade, and his seem to be getting more vibrant. He seems quite healthy and I'm sure he's going to be just fine.

I spent some time researching and have to agree, it is a perfectly normal color change. He looks very healthy and I wouldn't worry.

Sahabo, thanks for that color info. I always knew bettas changed when you brought them home.

Oh goodness, I'm sorry! Don't worry about that part! I'm sure PorkCop is nowhere near the end of his life! Plus, it said that colors dull and fade, and his seem to be getting more vibrant. He seems quite healthy and I'm sure he's going to be just fine.

This is exactly what I was thinking also. His color, in my opinion, looks healthier in the last picture. And, it corresponded with you taking another fish out that was causing him stress, so I would say it is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom