Damaged Betta Fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My next issue is I don't have time to get to the store..... Will it be ok if I just keep him separate and in clean water for a while

Sorry! My bettas are both only fish as they get aggressive to anyone else in their tanks. I don't know who might have attacked.

Fin rot can result in the same kind of damage or it can set in after damage. So, it may not be anyone attacking, though I wouldn't necessarily rule it out.

The reason I have suggested the heat is because I first tried to save Jupiter by keeping the heat on in my son's room, where Jupiter lived. The kid was cooking, but when I finally got a thermometer in the tank, I was shocked by how cold it was. Heating the room did not bring the temp anywhere close to what the heater does. That's what led me to move him into a tank, even just to float.

I wish I had other suggestions for you, but I have exhausted all of my ideas.

Good luck!

I have thermometer in vase I am checking it thanks for the help tho.

StuH said:
My next issue is I don't have time to get to the store..... Will it be ok if I just keep him separate and in clean water for a while

Clean water will go a long way so hopefully he will be fine for a while. If you have any plain salt (no additives like anti-caking agents and iodine) you can use that to treat him. Standard dose is 1 flat tablespoon per 20L of tank water. Dissolve it in a container of water first then add 1/4 of the mix every 6-12 hours. That allows him to adjust to the higher level. One thing to remember is salt does not evaporate. It's only removed by water changes. If you replace half the water, half the salt needs to be replaced. Another option is a salt bath. They can be stressful for the fish though. To preform a salt bath you get 4 TEAspoons per 3.5-4L of water in a bucket/container of tank water. net the fish and add them in. Watch them very closely for signs of stress. If they freak out, roll over or act odd in any way remove immediately. After 20-30 minutes remove the fish and place back in tank.

I think he is getting worse..... Altho he has made a bubble nest weird eh

Attachments

• image-2207138292.jpg
    image-2207138292.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1103281793.jpg
    image-1103281793.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom