Damaged ebr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbuck

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just came home from work to find one of my electric blue rams caught in the thread holding one of my plants to the drift wood. At first I thought he was dead but turned out he was just caught but when I freed him I noticed his rear end seems mis shaped and his cadual fin has clamped right up. Does anyone know of anything I can do. Will he heal ok or is he goin to stay like this

Attachments

• image-3809821563.jpg
    image-3809821563.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 53
Poor guy! Theres really not much you can do other than keep his water very healthy (some extra wcs) while he recovers from the stress of being trapped & heals up. As long as he is otherwise healthy, eating & getting around ok, the damage should not affect his quality of life.

Just a little update the big man is still eating and seems happy enough. His fin has opened up a little bit I don't think it will ever open fully again as I am fairly sure he has broken the bone :(. But like I say he is still swimming about and is first in line at feeding time. On a sadder note my other ebr died the other day for apparently no reason :'(. It was smaller than the other rams by quite a bit and was always more of a recluse. It always fed tho and water params were A:0 trites:0 and trates <10 so it is a bit of a mystery. All others seem great though so fingers crossed that is it for problems with my rams

Yes, some broken bones are def possible. Im glad he is eating & getting around well though! These are positive signs! I am sorry though you lost your other ebr- I honestly have no idea what happened. :(

Sadly I have just got home to find him dead too :(. He was a bit off last night not being to bothered about eating and he was hiding which is out of character for him. Water params are still fine. Guess I have to put both ebrs dying within 48 hours down to a combination of rams making a habit of dying for no particular reason (or so I am told) and the fact one had an injury. If anyone else has any suggestions as to something I may of done wrong. I will take it on board as I dont want to make finding dead fish a habit

Back
Top Bottom