Danio Fatlip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just noticed one of my danios seems to have a rather large lower lip. It extends past the top and looks nothing like the other Danios. Ive nicked named him Bubba but want to know if I should worry or he was just born like that? Also a few of the Danios see to have red gills however show no symptoms of parasites and continue to chase each other around. Also I treated the tank recenlty with anti parasite meds and now am using antiparasite medicated food.

I would get a pic but taking a pic of them would be almost inpossible cause there always on the move. His lip has alittle white on the end of it like he hurt it somehow, definently not fungus or anything.

I would keep an eye on it for now. Columnaris often starts as a lip/mouth infection that can easily spread. If you see it grow(as in spread onto the body of the fish, or start to eat away at the fish's mouth) or afftect the way the danio moves it's mouth, I would dose the tank with Maracyn-Two as soon as possible. Otherwise, it could just be an injury that is healing.

Back
Top Bottom