Danio missing tail fin!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep the water very clean because an infection may occur unless the water is clean. 20% water changes every second day. Also try and see is there is a black outline if so then its fin rot and keeping the water clean will also help

poor guy, I was doing a pwc when i noticed him. wasn't thinking and he managed to swim up by the filter and when i turned it back on he went flying upside down accross the tank. I am really feeling bad about this and if any body has any idea of what i should do i need to hear it. it is to the point where i am thinking a may just kull him.

Ok i never new how fast a fish could regain a fin, it is not near to being back but it is already noticably coming back, i am getting an old 5 gallon tank that i can set him up in for a hospital tank for a couple days then he should be good to go!

Ok i never new how fast a fish could regain a fin, it is not near to being back but it is already noticably coming back, i am getting an old 5 gallon tank that i can set him up in for a hospital tank for a couple days then he should be good to go!

You should take it as a compliment. It means you've created a healthy living environment and are maintaining good water quality.

Do you know how your danio lost it's tail in the first place?

You should take it as a compliment. It means you've created a healthy living environment and are maintaining good water quality.

Do you know how your danio lost it's tail in the first place?

well i have 6 long finned zebra danio and happened to end up with one really small one, they like to chase him around sometimes but i havnt actually seen anything rough enough to prompt me to take him out. but my guess is that one of the others managed to bite it off.

well i have 6 long finned zebra danio and happened to end up with one really small one, they like to chase him around sometimes but i havnt actually seen anything rough enough to prompt me to take him out. but my guess is that one of the others managed to bite it off.

That may be reason enough to separate the fish. I don't know what kind of other tanks you have, but if this danio is being attacked then growing his (or her) tail back might be for nought.

they are not really fighting i have seen him chased twice and it seamed more playfull to me. right now he is barely able to swim and only on the far side where the water is the calmest and they are leaving him alone.

Dam it! today he was looking fine and healing up but i caught a molly bugging him so i got a hospital tank set up, spent an hour cleaning everything, dug out a heater etc etc etc. got him fully acclimated and just checked on him after an hour and he was floating upside down dead, !#$%!$@#$^@$%&#%^&#$#!%!%&%@$%#!#@$.

Back
Top Bottom