Danio swimming strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ciijae

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my little yellow leopard danio swims very strange, he has a bend spine and the best way I can decribe they way he swims is hopping. He just hops around. It almost looks like he doesnt use his side pectoral fins and he almost swims vertically. Does he have something wrong with him? Please help :ermm:

p.s he was like this when I got him which was 6 days ago. He is the smallest fish in the tank.

Additional info:

90L / 24 gallon tank (set up 7th June 2012) ( Aquael fan filter 2, 75w heater, 24w light)

5 Danios ( all added on 1st August) : 1 Zebra, 1 Leopard, 3 yellow

Tank parameters: Temp 26c, Ammonia 0-0.25, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 5-10, PH 7.6 )

I have attached a pic, sorry it isn't very clear

img_2061585_0_734d33ada2d5999d7431b145153ac224.jpg

:confused:

Hi sounds like a swim bladder issue and maybe related to the scoliosis. I'm not sure what can be done. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Thanks, I have separated him and put him in my hospital tank. I was advised to add some salt which I have done. I hope he makes it :ermm:

Ciijae said:
Thanks, I have separated him and put him in my hospital tank. I was advised to add some salt which I have done. I hope he makes it :ermm:

Good luck hope he gets better. I once had a zebra danio with scoliosis live three years!

Back
Top Bottom