Datanoid Eating Rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brad M

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone hear if this? He had gotten a very large belly couple weeks ago when he out ate everyone else. After putting him in a small quarantine breeder net for a few minutes every live feeding I still did not see his belly reduce any. I decided to move him into a 45gallon tall hospital to make sure he isnt eating anything and so I can watch him better. Well 24 to 36 hours later there are 8 pebbles on the bottom of the tank! Im out of town now but gf says his belly looks normal now. I know the tank was empty when I left not a single loose rock from the net or anything.

So are they known to do this often? Did he eat them to aid in digestion and it was pure chance I moved him right before he fixed the issue himself?

Im planning on fasting him for at least another day. (Quarantined sunday, Monday morning rocks appeared posting now 36 hours after rocks found) after his fasting I plan to feed peas for a couple days then move him to frozen food for another 2 days then back to feeders. If that works well then back in the main tank.

Anything else I should watch for?

Back
Top Bottom