dead cory!!!?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snype2live

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay so the tank was fishless cycled when i checked water last night params where 0 amm 0 trite 10trate ...the tank in habitants are 11 endlers 10 neons 8 corys (well was eight now seven) i have 2 species of corys 6 peppered 2 well 1 three line ...the only clue i can give is my fish where fine last night after test and all day today then vacuumed and changed water and while i was adding water back i seen one kinda swimming weired then he would lay on the bottom and fall over so i took him out placed him in seperate container with some food and he sat on the bottom never touched the food or nothign and passed away shortly after....maybe i hurt him vacumming around my log that i cant really see behind it ...im really just looking for some assurance nothing is rong my tank cause everything else looks fine besides he just swam out from behind long fell over and laid on his side

All my pandas that died acted the same way with no explanation. I wouldn't think you hurt him with the vacuum

every body seems fine today they all eating i have had them for a month in that tank ph is 7.8 ( high yes but they was drip acclimated for 4 hours) ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate was around 15 last night but last night was the weekly water change so now it is 10

No sometimes fish are like that you can't blame yourself unless you didn't take care of the water or dropped a otter of bad stuff in there!

Sometimes fish just die for what seems like no apparent reason to us. It doesn't mean you did anything. It just happens.

Bottom feeders sometimes come in with internal parasites. You may want to check on Planet Catfish to see what wormers are safe for Cories.

Keep your substrate clean and your water good. Feed Cories their own sinking foods and frozen or live foods.

Back
Top Bottom