Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-19-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Dead Discus HELP PLEASE

I initially bought two Discus and the were doing completely fine and had them in the tank for about 3 months. I just introduced 3 new Discus to the tank and one of my older Discus unfortunately died. I'm am unclear on how he died and it is getting me worried considering I want to add more Discus my water quality is good and the tank is fully cycled. Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5-10. It is a planted tank with low tech plants. Any idea why the discus died or what I can do to avoid killing any other off when adding new Discus?

The tank is stocked with the following
5 Discus now 4
2 Rep tapajos
2 Bolivian rams
4 German blue
12 cardinal tetras
6 rummynose
6 celestial danios
6 glass catfish
6 sterbii Cory cats
6 albino Cory cats
3 zebra loaches
1 royal pleco
3 striataClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2834.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	299419 loaches

Old 05-19-2017, 02:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Dead Discus HELP PLEASE

I have two fx4 set up on 110g. Only thing new to the tank is the 3 discus I do 20-30% water changes weekly and use beefheart and blood work mix for feeding as well as new life spectrum pellets

Tags
dead, discus

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com