Dead metae cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MoxieIV

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Today I came home to a dead Cory. It was looking more pale than the others last night & was staying isolated from the others. It looked like it had a bruise on its right side. Today, after dying, this it what it looks like:

image-3445844929.jpg

image-4227912467.jpg

Does this look familiar to anyone?
The tank is 55 gal, planted. It is a community tank with bronze & metae Corys, gold barb, black neons, neon tetra, baby angels and bosemani rainbows. There are a couple (I think) cherry shrimp & one snail (pond).
The tank is 77*. Gh 120 ppm, Kh 120 ppm, ph 7.5, nitrite 0, nitrate 20. The tank has been set up for 2 months, I'm running 2 HOBS that cycle 220 gph & a corner bubbler filter. There is charcoal, floss & zeolite in the HOBS & corner filter. All the other fish are fine.

I am not familiar with this but what was your ammonia? It could be that he scraped himself on décor or burnt himself on a heater. Otherwise it may be an external parasite/infection. I think I have also heard of fish getting a pH or ammonia burn.

Well it could just be a scrape. Unless someone else has an explanation. If you see a wound like this again, make sure tank stays very clean and stay on top of water parameters. Hopefully someone else comments to confirm or add their experience. :)

Back
Top Bottom