Deaths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't think a Seachem product would kill your fish. I personally have never used it but this is just my two cents.

I use both excel and flourish in my tanks with corys with no problems at all. I would suspect it is something else

What are your tank tests showing? Last water change? how long has it been up? temp of the tank?

NH3-0:NO2-0:NO3-5to10ppm/ pH7.6/ tem-74to76 ( mid green area ). Tank's been up since 10/2011. 25%-50% water change weekly, last one 6 days ago.

Yah you are perfect with everything. I would think the Cory just died of natural causes.

How much Excel are you adding? This stuff is potent & can cause death if used in high amounts. Its active ingredient is used to sterilize medical equipment & as an embalming fluid. Though, if you OD'd on it, I would expect to see mass fish deaths not just a single fish.

Buyer BeAware: SeaChem Excel

How much Excel are you adding? This stuff is potent & can cause death if used in high amounts. Its active ingredient is used to sterilize medical equipment & as an embalming fluid. Though, if you OD'd on it, I would expect to see mass fish deaths not just a single fish.

Buyer BeAware: SeaChem Excel

Right, which is why I figured it wasn't this issue.

Back
Top Bottom