Deformity?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
My male guppy, approx. 4 months old, has one normal eye and one tiny eye. The pupil is small in the abnormal eye. Should I be worried?

No the fish should live a healthy life but since he's a male unless he lives without females I'd either remove him or cull him, this removes the possibility of him breeding and passing the deformed gene to other fish. Guppies are so mass overly inbred deformities are not uncommon.

HUKIT said:
No the fish should live a healthy life but since he's a male unless he lives without females I'd either remove him or cull him, this removes the possibility of him breeding and passing the deformed gene to other fish. Guppies are so mass overly inbred deformities are not uncommon.

Well.. I just looked at him and both his eyes are normal! Yay! He's a gorgeous yellow and black snakeskin with black edged fins and black patterns on his fins. His parents were a yellow and orange female and bluegrass male

image-987602754.jpg

Sorry for the terrible pic. iPods have terrible cameras. The blue blur is his father. He is right next to the DW. The reddish guppy in the gravel is a really bad shot of my red male. The yellow and orange big female is the yellow's mother.

Back
Top Bottom