Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-26-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Depressed or sick betta

I recently bought a 20 gallon high tetra color fusion and the only place it would fit is where the 6 gallon fluval edge with my betta Charlie in it. Unfortunately I had to move Charlie and his 6 gal across the room. A day after I moved him I had to go out of town but only for one day. Well when I came back I noticed that his fins were frayed and one was clamped. I thought it was fin rot but his water is very healthy. Ammonia 0, Nitrite O, Nitrate 5, PH 7.8,. The tank has been running for 4 months. Water temp is usually between 78 to 80. I do weekly water changes and vacuum 1/2 of the gravel.

I also took a couple of his porous decorations to help cycle the 20 gal. I think he was so stressed from the move and taking some of his furniture(I replaced it with new stuff) that he was biting himself because he was fine before I left. Well it's been 10 days and he eats but not as much as usual. He is blowing bubble nests but for the rest of the time he is lying in a plant or sitting on the bottom staring at the wall. He has flared at me a few times but never before this. I would say 80 percent of the time he is lying in the plants or staring at the back wall of the tank on the bottom. Any thoughts?

Old 09-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Might be stress from the move. How is he doing?

Old 09-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
Might be stress from the move. How is he doing?

Hello and thank you for your concern) He is still sulking in the corner in a plant or on the floor looking at the wall. I think he may feel exposed in his new environment and very stressed from it and the move. He is still eating and blowing bubble nests and patrolling the tank. I am doing water changes and his fins look a little better. He flares at me occasionally which he has never done before. I try talking to him and put on a video of a sorority of female betta that kept his interest for a while. Ok crazy question!! Is it possible that he can see the other tank across the room with the fish in it? It's only 9 feet away from the 20 gal. Maybe he is very lonely because he didn't start with the everyday bubble nests until I got fish min my other tank. I know far fetched but I had to ask. lol
Old 09-28-2016, 05:34 PM   #4
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I wouldn't put it past him! Mine has come up with the trick of not seeing his food pellets in case more drop in but wolfs them down as soon as I get say 3 feet away from the tank. Does a crazy little dance though.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
I wouldn't put it past him! Mine has come up with the trick of not seeing his food pellets in case more drop in but wolfs them down as soon as I get say 3 feet away from the tank. Does a crazy little dance though.
Haha that's funny!! Charlie just started doing that to me but I contributed it to him being pissed at me. Lol. Hete is a pic of his tail.

Tags
betta, ick, sick, sick betta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com