Desperate need of help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I'll try to look for something good. We have petco, petsmart, pet supplies plus, and tropiquatics by us.

Batman Update

Its too soon to tell if he'll pull through but I thought I'd let you guys know Batman seems to still be in good spirits. He is swimming around and still eating so lets hope he keeps progressing! Thanks so much for all your help thus far and in the future!

Its too soon to tell if he'll pull through but I thought I'd let you guys know Batman seems to still be in good spirits. He is swimming around and still eating so lets hope he keeps progressing! Thanks so much for all your help thus far and in the future!

I was just thinking- perhaps, apart from the daily water change routine, keeping his tank covered might help him to recover?

Batman Update

Well I ran into a really good problem this morning! I was unable to get a good picture of Batman's wound because he wont keep still! Its looking pretty good, mostly white, blood spots decreasing. I did have a moment of panic when I noticed his wound looked a bit green but luckily my sense of reason was able to catch up with me and put the dots together that its from the fungus medicine! Still not getting my hopes up too much but things are looking much less grim! Thank all of you for helping me through this and to keep a calm head about it all! Hopefully the video I added loads for you guys. It says it loaded but I cant see it.

It really seems like bad things come in threes! I came home to find Batman stuck to the freakn' filter! WHY DON'T THEY PUT A GUARD ON THOSE TO PREVENT SUCH A THING!?!?! I got him off and he seems to be swimming around ok. I had plants in front of the filter trying to prevent that but he somehow snuck behind it. His wound doesn't look too much worse, lets just hope we can stop this line of bad luck already! Poor Batman!

i know how you are felling. i sucked my black more in the pythone on accident and it pulled his eye clear out . clean water did the trick and hes just fine now but they dont sell eye patches for fish lol. so now his name is cyclops

Go buy a large piece of filter foam, cut a hole half way through it and slide it over the intake tube so the bottom is well covered. When you do water changes, rinse it every time as it will collect debris quickly but it will keep him out. All of my intakes are covered to keep fish and other creatures out. :)

It really seems like bad things come in threes! I came home to find Batman stuck to the freakn' filter! WHY DON'T THEY PUT A GUARD ON THOSE TO PREVENT SUCH A THING!?!?! I got him off and he seems to be swimming around ok. I had plants in front of the filter trying to prevent that but he somehow snuck behind it. His wound doesn't look too much worse, lets just hope we can stop this line of bad luck already! Poor Batman!

You can purchase pre-filter sponges that slide over the intake tube to catch debris and prevent fish from getting stuck on the filter intake. I just purchased some and installed them and they do the job well. Be sure to rinse them often, as junk will quickly collect on it.

I don't have experience with these goldfish or any diseases (thankfully) but I hope this bit of info can be of help. I'll be watching this thread and I admire how much you love and care for your fish friends.

Good luck!

Batman Update

Batman seems to be doing good! His wound is all white now, which I'm taking as a good sign of healing. He still swims around but I notice him resting a little more than before. I got the medigold in the mail yesterday and started giving it to him. I'm still keeping my reservations about his condition, I dont want my hopes to get up. I pushed one of the plants right under the filter and that seems to be keeping him safe, not sure how well its filtrating but I'm cleaning his tank everyday so I'm not too worried about that. I'm doing everything I can possibly do for him so only time will tell whether or not he pulls through! I'll definitely keep you all posted! Once again, I appreciate EVERYTHING you guys have done to help us (Batman and myself) through this time of unfortunate events!

Attachments

• 20131003_174736.jpg
    20131003_174736.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 20131003_174744.jpg
    20131003_174744.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 70
That's a great improvement! It no longer looks red and angry and is beginning the healing process. Love the name Batman! :)

I give my fish fighter names so that they'll feel more obligated to be tough! Haha, actually we have a little Gotham City theme going on in our tank right now. I have another fish named Bane whom I got at the same time as Batman and he really seems to be missing Batman right now. He gets along fine with the other fish but doesnt seem to have made the same bond with them. We had an adorable little calico named Harvey Dent "two face" (his face was half black half orange) and I feel a little crazy saying this but when Harvey died I really do think Batman and Bane mourned. I'm sorry I went off on a little tangent there, I could talk about my fish all day! Now getting back to Batman, one thing that I've noticed is when I feed him he seems to get a bit lethargic afterwards. Is that normal or something I should be concerned with? He seems to be most active in the morning and then its just here and there during the day. I know this healing process much be taking a lot out of him so unless someone suggests otherwise I'm going to assume that its just a normal part of the process.

You just started the medigold, correct? Are there still other meds in the tank? If so, run some new carbon and do some water changes to remove them. It may be a bit of med overkill. That said, if he only seems inactive after meals, try spread his meals out through the course of day. Four or five small meals are easier to digest than two big meals. No different for us either! If this is not possible due to time constraints, atleast try to break the meals into three smaller meals. Yes, he is healing and he is fighting a virus as well so he is not going to be at the top of his game right now. Keep us posted! :)

I just went to take updated pictures and noticed that most of his body looks like suede. I hesitate to use the word fuzz but cant think of any other way to describe it. I tried to get a good picture of it but it wont show up on my camera phone. This poor fish looks like hell!

These are some update pictures. His wound is looking much better, I'm just worried about how rough the rest of his body is looking...

Attachments

• 20131004_164010.jpg
    20131004_164010.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20131004_164034.jpg
    20131004_164034.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20131004_164210.jpg
    20131004_164210.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20131004_164237.jpg
    20131004_164237.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 55
I use an API freshwater master test kit. I got these readings from the water:
High PH: 7.4
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 0 ppm

The numbers all look good, which I expected seeing as we change the water everyday. I'm not really sure what to think of this. I also noticed two white dots on his back (by his wound) which I want to think is ich but it doesnt quite look like ich.. Should I just continue the antifungal on its own, add ich medicine along with the antifungal or just give the ich medicine? I'm trying to use the minimal amount of medicines possible so I dont overwhelm his body.

What is your ph with the regular ph test? 7.4 is the end limit for the high range which means it could be 7.4 or any number below this.

Back
Top Bottom