DG w/ white stringy feces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UPDATE:

Good news, Kanaplex seems to have helped! Started treating the 10gal QT with Kanaplex last Sunday and lately Cheech has not been hiding, no stringy feces, eating better & even comes up to the surface to beg when I open the hood. Going to give him a few more days but plan on moving him back to the home tank early this coming week. Since I wasn't sure what the actual problem was (no dropsy, just the problems above), not sure when to suggest using Kanaplex, but it worked in this case!

Thanks, me too! Unfortunately I'm noticing the same problems with my powder blue dg so may have to leave the QT tank up for a while :-( Love watching the gourami & they look really neat but think once I loose the 2 I have now, I'm done with them, too many health problems!

I agree! I have lost all four of mine. :( I love them to pieces because they are so funny, but they are fairly hard to take care of. The only fish I have ever gotten that I have had no deaths with are my bettas and my black/java loaches.

Exactly. People describe them as good beginner fish but there are so many problems that the dwarf gourami seem to be prone to that it's just depressing. Guess it helps to know I'm not the only one who struggles with them. They are fun to watch though, the little intra-species tiffs of tail-smacking are hilarious!

Never had a nipper but have noticed the water squirting. My turtle does it a lot, think she inhales so much water when she eats that she has to spray it out of her nose before the next bite!
Acclimating Cheech to his home tank now, hopefully won't have a need for that quarantine tank for quite a while!

Back
Top Bottom