Diagnosis Please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black hills tj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Everyone,

New to AA...my name is Mike. I have an emperor tetra(i believe that's what it is) that seems to have an illness. I'm thinking its possibly fin rot. It is the only fish in my 29g that has it :shrug:

I'd be very grateful if you could identify the illness and send me in the right direction to treat it.

here's a pic and thanks in advance for the help.
img_794013_0_57d5b1aad42cb9174289ef4a34a55f8d.jpg

what other fish are in the tank? is it possible that he is being niped by other fish?

He could be getting nipped at by another fish he is the only one of his kind in there. I just recently introduced a few new fish, but his tail looked like this before the new fish. The fish in there prior to my recent additions were a black angel, 2 black tetras, a phantom tetra, 2 cherry barbs, 2 cory's, 2 plecos, 2 pristella tetras, a swordfin danio, and a few ramshead snails.

Extra water changes, melafix and pimafix. QT if possible. Rearranging the tank to disrupt old territories may reduce aggression.

Also as I mentioned in your other thread water parameters would be very helpful. Often fin rot is brought on by stress or poor water parameters. Pristine water changes and melafix should help. AS AG mentioned, a QT would be the best for treatment.

EDIT, I see from another thread of yours that you are going to get the AP FW master kit. Great choice (y) Once you get the kit let us know what your numbers are.

Back
Top Bottom