Diagnosis please of infected catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
There is a minor argument going on here regarding the infection on this fish. If I could get comment on the type of infection it would be most appreciated. I find small photos hard to view so maybe missing something. Included one photo with infection between eyes and top fin.

The infection apparently comes and goes and can be on the side or top of the catfish. Colour is off-white. It gets stringy with debris trapped but a few days later the infection will be gone. Then may show up a month later.

Water changes are irregular however ammonia and nitrite are 0 and nitrate is 20 (lfs doing liquid test). Ph around 7 and temp 28C (82F). Tank is 30 to 40 gal with small filter. No idea on feed - some sort of fish flakes I think.

Think that's it - will do my best to answer any questions with thanks in advance.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421324525.620748.jpg

It almost looks like velvet disease. Which is parasitic.

Another possibility is body fungus.

Most major pet stores carry treatments for both. May want to invest in a larger filter if the tank is 30-40 gals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Checked and fish eating well with no signs of flashing. Does tend to hide away a bit and is the only fish that gets this was other information.

Back
Top Bottom