Disabled Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Euthanizing A Fish

I believe you are referring to cold water fish as opposed to tropical. Here's a few sites to support my information of it not being a viable or humane option for tropicals-

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/an-overview-of-euthanasia-73775.html (sticky here on AA)
Humane Euthanization of a Pet Koi or Goldfish
Aquarius Aquaria - Exploring Fish Euthanasia
Euthanizing Aquarium Fish | Nippyfish
Put Down a Fish Humanely - wikiHow
How to Euthanize Your Fish Humanely - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com
GuppyLog || Euthanasia of Aquarium Fish

I've got a few more if needed from other sources. I don't mean to start a debate about this, I simply believe you have out of date or incorrect knowledge in regards to euthanizing tropical fish.

Good morning eco...

No, I'm specifically referring to one of Spencer Glass's books on "Livebearers". It's a T.F.H. Publication, Inc. book. T.F.H. is one of the largest publishers of pet literature. The book is one from the Basic Domestic Pet Library. It is older and likely out of print by now, but one that's recommended by the A.S.P.C.A.

I keep livebearers, specifically Fancy Guppies and have used the freezing method to put down old or very sick fish for several years.

Please don't be concerned about debating. If we all approached fishkeeping the same way, we wouldn't learn very much.

Thanks again,

B

Back
Top Bottom