Discus leaning over not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You ask for advice but no one can help if your not going to listen. You do realize discus can get huge right? That 30 gallon is to small. You said to let nature take its course but what is natural about a small glass box with fish from two completely different continents.. We are not trying to be rude, just want to see fish cared for properly.you should be doing at the least 30-50% wc a week and it really should be more than that. Your tank is overstocked.

Music to my ears. Thank you !!!

Treeman plz go and release your discus back in their home in the natural habitat if you really wanna be finnicky enough.
You are a scurge for people trying to enter this hobby.
I was hoping to attract advice from some old wise guys .

Whoever is maintaining this forum needs to censor such negative comments plz so this hobby grows. And more and more people can enjoy the wonderful fish that is discus. Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Treeman plz go and release your discus back in their home in the natural habitat if you really wanna be finnicky enough.
You are a scurge for people trying to enter this hobby.
I was hoping to attract advice from some old wise guys .

Whoever is maintaining this forum needs to censor such negative comments plz so this hobby grows. And more and more people can enjoy the wonderful fish that is discus. Cheers

Here's some advice... shut down your tank and return your fish. You don't know what your doing and are not willing to learn how to do it right. I'm not sure this is for real as nobody can be that adamant about doing something that totally wrong and think they're right. I'm an "old wise guy" as you call it, with nearly 30 years of keeping different fish, mostly cichlids, discus included, and you are doing things all wrong and are not willing to learn to do it right.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Ok guys, there are nicer ways to say these things, even if you think what he's doing is not ok.

I also think that many discus is too many for a 30 gallon tank, and you are already getting rid of africans so no need to say anything. I'll be honest, I recommend a testing kit for people, but back in the day people kept aquariums and didn't have them and personally I don't own one. There are ways to keep aquaria without, though it can be harder on the fish if things are going wrong.

Mucks, how often do you do water changes and how much? What kind of food are you feeding them, I know it's for discus, but is there a brand, or a type? Is your tank planted or does it have fake plants?

Are you planning on upgrading or rehoming some once they get too big?

This has to be a joke right?

-john
-------
55 Gallon:
12 Penguin Tetras
4 Angelfish
5 Discus
2 Pleco
Lots of driftwood and a bit of anubias

Aqueon Evolve 8 (6 gallon maybe?):
Random plants (research and development)
5 neon tetras

Last edited:
Am going away for some time so moving the four discus and mu cichlids to a friends aquarium.
Will continue learning from you guys after a few months time.

Am going away for some time so moving the four discus and mu cichlids to a friends aquarium.
Will continue learning from you guys after a few months time.

This is good to know. Hopefully you will do some more research while you're away and learn that by signing up as a member you agreed to do the best for your fish and follow certain protocols in accordance with this forum. As you wished for me to return my fish to the wild, not only is that immoral and unethical, but highly ILLEGAL in many, if not all countries. Simply put, it is AGAINST THE LAW TO RELEASE CAPTIVE FISH. for many reasons that I won't get into, but educated hobbyists and professionals are quite aware of the facts that you haven't learned yet. From your previous ignorant posts, I highly doubt these are your intentions, and you're just saying this to appease the rest of us, but it is what it is.

Good luck do more research on discus here is my tank haven't lost a fish in years ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399957314.229185.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399957364.654674.jpg. I use reverse osmosis h2o with r.o. Rite

Back
Top Bottom