Discus white fungus(?) on body and cloudy eyes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One red map passed this morning. The turquoise is not looking good. The juveniles are looking a lot better than the adults. Should I continue with treatment even if I don't see any slime or cloudiness of the eyes?

Like I said I've never used that medication, so if there's no symptoms I would stop treating and just do large PWC. Sorry about the fish.

Ok. Ill treat them for one more day. I'm thinking of returning the better ones back in the DT or should I just keep them all in the QT for now? Thanks.

I would keep them in the QT for week or two prior to returning them, if they take a step backwards it will be easier to treat.

Ok. I'll do that. The treatment is for 4 days. Should I still be doing PwC everyday?

I read that poor water quality, low pH(because of CO2 which should not affect fish) and parasites will cause excessive slime and cloudy eyes. I'm thinking since I don't vacuum my substrate that it could be the cause? Parameters are ok. I do 50-60%PWC twice a week. I can't vacuum the substrate because of the plants.

If there's still a issue then I would use a broad spectrum medication like Paraguard by Seachem. It will treat for darn near everything including parasites and bacterial infections either which can cause your issues. It's not the end all cure but without a proper diagnosis it's the next best step.

I will definitely try that a few days after the 4-day dosing of tetracycline if the discus are still not doing well. One more passed last night. That was the one I expected to not make it and not the first one that passed. One still doesn't look healthy but the rest are Looking good. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Discus are doing really well. Cloudiness of the eyes and slime on their bodies are gone! I will keep them in the QT or a few more days. Doing PWC everyday(no meds). It is still ideal to acclimate them from the QT to the DT, right? Thanks :)

I just put the discus back in the DT. They look better than ever. Thanks for all your help (y) :)

Back
Top Bottom