Diseased tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamo87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello ALL!!!
First I want to tank all the members for the wise advices they always give, and saved me for many troubles!!!

A couple of days ago I noticed that my main freshwater community tank is diseased but I couldn't figure out what was the exact disease. Today I'm more than sure that my fish have ICK. I put my little school of neon tetras(5), one molly, and a swordtail in a QT(unfortunetely it's just 4 G). I started treating them with QUICK QURE and I hope they will be OK. BUT I'm really worried about the fish in my main tank because it's heavily planted and I have some scaleless fish including a beautiful 6" Black ghost Knife(and I really love him) THUS i cannot use any meds or salt in it. The only think I've done is I raised the temperature to 86 degrees(gradually) and my question is :WILL THIS BE ENOUGH TO KILL THE LITTLE FREAKS IN MY MAIN TANK??? AND IF NOT PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT A NON CHEMICAL METHOD OF TREATING ICK and some suggestion how can i prevent it in the future???

P.S. The fish in my main tank still don't have any visual sings of ick; I also have a perfect water parameters and I perform a partial water changes weekly.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Temp alone will do the trick, but it will take a toll on some of your plants too (depending on what you keep). However, they too will recover.

The only other method, which it's results are highly opinionated, is a UV sterilizer.

Back
Top Bottom