Do Dragon Goby's eat fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cudakid426

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Last week I introduced about a 6" Dragon Goby and about a 3" Angelfish to my aquarium. In the last 2-3 days, I have had five 1.5 to 2" zebra danios disappear from my tank. This morning I found a dying neon tetra that from just behind the dorsal fin had been eaten. I am trying to figure out which of the fish is the culprit. From what I can find neither is really known to have these issues. I have had angels in the past without problems. This is the first time that I have had a dragon goby, so that is my prime suspect at this time. Any comments/thoughts would be greatly suggested. Thanks.

I actually just put two dragons in my tank a few days ago! I am so in love with them:) I have small fish and ghost shrimp in the tank with them and they bother nobody. From the research I have done they really aren't likely to harm anybody if a really small or weak fish comes their way, maybe.... It's hard to say though all fish have their own personalities. Because the fish you are describing are pretty small my bet would actually be the angel if your dragon was the one killing I doubt you would find a body their mouths are huge!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom