Do Ich meds cause bacteria bloom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malisa_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I learned the hard way why I need a quarantine tank for new fish and introduced ich into my aquarium a week ago. I had kuhli loaches and ghost shrimp so I moved them into a plastic tub(I had an extra filter) and then started dosing the aquarium with the new fish with Quick Cure. I gradually raised the temp and its sitting around 88-90. I now have a bacteria bloom that looks exactly like the one I had during cycling. Anyone know if Quick Cure causes this? It contains malachite green and formalin.
Water parameters:
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 10
ph 8.0

Thanks!
...oh, and does anyone know how long til I know if the kuhli's picked it up too? Its been 6 days and their temp has been 72 at the beginning but 80 degrees for the last 3-4 days because i found them a tank.

Me too

I have the same issue right now. Water changes helped and eventually it gets back to normal. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. Thats exactly what I was wanting to hear. I was worried I had some other new problem to combat.

Sorry you're dealing with it too though. =(

Back
Top Bottom