Does anyone know the dimensions of a 500 gal tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senorcat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My wife and i were offered a supposed 500 gal tank. it is said to be8 ft by 3 i think, and 2 tall. I would like to get it for my wife for her pacu, who are supposed to get quite large. She loves them. I however suspect that the tank is more like 300 gal. What do you think? also, it is supposed to be seamless fiberglass, or plexiglass. what would you pay for second hand?

There is a calculator on this website that will tell you exactly, it's on the menu bar up top, FYI, those measurements are 360 gallons.

HTH, Joshua...

without looking at it it hard to say as alot of the fiberglass/acrylic/plexiglass scuffs easy and tends to yellow with age.

the firemans right but avg. is what i said for a rec. i got it at a couple of sites tenecore has a lot of dimesions for bigger tanks

Tanks that size are seldom made from glass beacuase of the distortion and green color of thick glass. So, the fact that it is acrylic is not necessarily a disadvantage at all.

New, you could pay potentially $1000s for that tank. I'm guessing $1500-2000... I'd pay $500-700 for it if it was offered to me, and looked to be in good shape.

good god the horrors! not 500 gallons!

The bloody tank wasnt 500 gallons, it could not fit in the darned house if it was. I saw a 5 gal with rickety stand, 15- 20 ish gal pitifully sprawled on the ground, I dared not approach..... these tanks could not be in a more doubtful condition, and i would not dare go into the house. My dreams shattered!
I don't know whether to be angered or just laugh at the whole affair. This definitely puts a damper on my plans. I would not dare buy a thing for my wife there. It'd be too great a risk and waste of money. This is bad, because her pacu shall soon outgrow their current aquarium. alas, i am going to sleep now.

I merged the topics since the Qs were asked in the old thread.

Try looking in local Bargain Hunter-type papers for tanks. I have found a couple of tanks this way.

Back
Top Bottom