Does my betta have fin/tail rot and another question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firsttimefisher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought this boy a week ago. He's in a 10-gallon tank with a mystery snail that I also bought a week ago. So I've had my two guys for a very short time. These are my first aquatic animals so I'm not sure what is normal or not yet. I was googling betta care and came across fin and tail rot and now wonder if my betta has it.

I tried to get the best pictures I could with my iPhone but he's a fast little bugger and would only stay still for five seconds LOL!

Does he look like he has tail/fin rot? Should he have a split in his tail?
303igq1.jpg

#2, any idea what this white spot on his head (near his gill) is? Is it a scale that has fallen off?
35k78ub.jpg

All in all, he's a great fish. Lots of personality lol! Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Nice betta:). Hard to tell, but I don't think he has fin rot. Just keep his water clean and he should be fine.

Looks fine to me. Not much you can do. In the future, you can take a fish out and put it in a solution of methylene blue in a goldfish bowl or small hospital tank with heater, along with feeding an antibiotic or a small dose of antibiotic in the tank, and they will almost always get better.

Back
Top Bottom