Does this look like ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfergusonjr

Aquarium Advice Activist
My clown pleco just started looking like this today. Is it ich? None of the other fish have anything on them.

Attachments

• image-706924906.jpg
    image-706924906.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 76
Yes I does look like Ick to me. At least from my experience. Is he Darting or scratching?

Are you sure its not just one the glass? Because it looks like your rock has some dots too.....

No it's only on the pleco. The rocks don't look like that. I think it's just the iPhone camera trying to adjust for the low light.

Oh alright. I guess I don't know what to tell you. I would isolate him in anycase - its obvious something is wrong and you don't want your other fish to get sick. I hope somone can help you more.

It looks like ich to me, and the pleco would probably show it first because it's closest to the substrate.
You can get some scaleless fish ich meds, or you can slowly raise the temp of the tank to 86*F, and leave it there for at least 10 days. You need to get on this ASAP so you don't lose your fish. ;)

Thanks dkpate. I started raising the temp at about 8 last night. I did a gravel vac and 50% PWC before I started raising the temp. I'll be doing a gravel vac every day to try and remove as much as I can from the substrate.
Thanks for replying.

he definently has ich. even if he didnt it wouldnt be a bad idea to treat for it

Back
Top Bottom