Does this look like Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookelynnb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just noticed my Rubber Lip Plecostomus had little things on him that appear to be white. I've never really closely examined him so I'm not sure if they've always been there or if that's normal on them.

Could this be Ich? Help!
Picture Attached.

Attachments

• image-1810570732.jpg
    image-1810570732.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 65
This one is a little more clear.

Attachments

• image-3643953385.jpg
    image-3643953385.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 63
I'm thinking it is ich. What should I do? I have an angelfish and an African dwarf frog in the tank with the plecostomus.

Attachments

• image-2387255919.jpg
    image-2387255919.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 61
Hard to tell for sure but it does look like Ich. Do you have an adjustable heater? Slowly raise the temperature to 86 F over the course of the next day or two. Then just leave it there and do 50% water changes with gravel vacuum every other day. After the spots have totally gone, leave the heat raised for another week, then you can slowly turn it back down. Higher temps cause less oxygen in the water too, so you might want to either lower the water level some so there's more splashing from the filter or get an air stone if you don't already have one.

Okay, I'll try that and see what happens! My thermometer is adjustable, so ill gradually do that. The hot temperature won't hurt my angelfish or frog will it?

Back
Top Bottom