Does this look right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kwhite

Aquarium Advice Regular
Was working on moving my 10g tank so I can set my 29g back up and happened to look in the filter. This is what it looks like, I was kinda grossed out and wondering if I should clean it out or if its got good bacteria in it I should leave alone. This is from running just over a month.

Attachments

• image-1816757978.jpg
    image-1816757978.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 85
Was working on moving my 10g tank so I can set my 29g back up and happened to look in the filter. This is what it looks like, I was kinda grossed out and wondering if I should clean it out or if its got good bacteria in it I should leave alone. This is from running just over a month.

That's just over a month? What's in your tank?! I'd rinse that in tank water. Looks like a breeding ground for nitrates.

I know, I was shocked when I saw it. This tank is housing a Chinese algae eater, a pleco, and a black skirt tetra until my big tank is inhabitable again.

Looks nasty, and my first instinct was to clean it out but didn't want to get rid of anything good that is growing in there lol

Thank you! Ill rinse it out in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom