dragon not doing good... :( PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilovemydragongoby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, this morning I woke up to my boyfriend saying that he thinks we're going to lose our dragon goby.

He just seems kind of lifeless. He's still breathing. He has a dimminished appetite. (We gave him some brine shrimp and he didnt go for it like he normally would). He was sitting in a cave with his tail on the glass but he was laying on his side. His color is good. There are no signs of ich(we battled it last month), fungus or bacteria.

He's swimming up to the top of the tank like he use to when he was little. I can't figure out if he's gasping or if hes just looking for food.

But anyways...he's just acting weird, not himself at all.

Parameters are fine.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
Ph: 7

Should we be worried about Puff (my DG) or is this normal, or he's having a bad day or something.

The thing that concerned us the most was him laying on his side, and the fact that the suns up and hes not hiding like he normally does.

Update: He's breething very slowly, he's not opening his mouth as much. You mostly just see his gills moving.

Anyone have any advice?

And we just noticed there is some discolouration. He has a hint of green on the side of his head and some on one of his fins.
And it doesn't look like the ich is gone. He has two spots on the bottom fins that he clings to the glass with.

We added more salt this morning. Is there anything else we can do?

Back
Top Bottom