Dropsy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alyxandria

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know it probably is - just want some confirmation. The only thing that has me confused is that her scales have always been a little stretched because when I go away for the weekends my parents overfeed her so she's always been chubby. But I noticed they were a little more so last week but there's been no progression. I thought dropsy was pretty fast developing.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415733254.659344.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415733290.706211.jpg

Sent from my iPhone.

I forgot to mention that she has been eating perfectly fine (and always wants more lol) and playing and swimming as usual.

Sent from my iPhone.

Dropsy usually shows scales that look like a pinecone.. really sticking out, very noticeable, and the belly would often be swollen as well. And it usually does progress fairly quickly.

This fish does not look to me like it has dropsy. It looks ok.. are you sure it's sick ?

No she's completely fine otherwise. No change in behaviour. Just as playful. Loves to swim through my fingers and play. I was just worried when I saw her scales lifting a little bit. If you see what I mean:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415763603.568906.jpg

I might just be one paranoid mama though as she is my favourite!

Sent from my iPhone.

Thats not dropsy thats a bacterial infection that isnt too hard to cure just use any anti bacterial rememdy and he will be just fine :)

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've been treating them with general cure tablets anyway so hopefully she will be fine! I have used these tablets to treat things such as cloudy eye and fin rot with great success. Hopefully it will work for this too.

Sent from my iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom