Dropsy or Pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of my zebra danios has a fat stomach, only on the bottom though, but from I can see from the fast swimming, is that the scales are raised slightly. Though, I've also known from my zebra danios that one of them is a female (from what I can tell) because all my other ones swarm around her and look like they're trying to breed her and she was fat at one point(at least I think this is the one >_<) before for a long time then got skinny again (I'm assuming my other fish ate the eggs cuz I've not seen them) but I just got through with another one of my danios with dropsy and it's just striking that question to me. It's just staying in one corner of the tank, my other ones are swimming around it to try to get it to follow them, which it does for a bit, then just goes back to staying in the corner.

I don't believe danios are livebearers, so she shouldn't be pregnant. It does sound like she could have dropsy.

I'm still a bit asleep I think. You have tested your parameters? From what I'v been told antibiotics are the treatment. I've heard that you can purchase food with meds in it. Good luck!

They're egg layers, but I put her in my 2.5 gallon tank and I've confirmed it does have raised scales in the very front of her chest and some on the sides of her stomach, and in the very back of her stomach, so I'm gonna do a water change in my other one and medicate her with the marcel stuff I bought for my other one

The only test kit I have is nitrite right now, but there's none in there >_<

That definately sounds like Dropsy. You should move it into another tank and give meds soon.

YAY! THE SWELLING IS DOWN! ....but I think I'm gonna leave her in there for a while longer just to be on the safe side ^^

Back
Top Bottom