Dwarf goura-med?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaggieR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My dwarf gourami has a red patch on his cheek!
It doesn't look good for ol' Al Gore-ami.
The spot is light pink in color with a couple red specks.

He still has his healthy, almost greedy apitite, as I often catch him on the phone ordering pizza, But he seems to be hiding behind plants more often. I imagine he's hiding so the guppies don't tease him and call him clown face. You know how guppies can be.

Anywho, tank is 29g, two filters, some fake plants, some real and 77 degrees. Nitrates and nitrites are at zero. Water is soft, alkalinity at 80 and ph is neutral.

His best bud is a Dalmatian mollie whom he met while on the swim team. they overcame their differences to create an unlikely friendship of trust and comraderie.
There's also a handful of neon tetras, 3 zebra danios and 3 cherry shrimp in there too. It's like the worst after school club ever formed, but they all seem fine.

Ive attached some photos he let me take, but he made me promise to only show you guys, and not to put them on Facebook.

Gross, right?

Attachments

• IMG_9465.jpg
    IMG_9465.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9466.jpg
    IMG_9466.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 30
That ailment looks like the virus, lymphocystis, Aka cauliflour disease. No cure. It might go away by itself over time depending on the overall health of the fish. Hope this helps.

Your right coral bandit DGIV is what I was getting at. Specialy from Singapor and Thailand.

The Hong Kong shippers are suppose to be better.

But the LFS don't know what country there getting there fish from unless they bring there own fish in.

Not likely for most retailers.

It seems his wound has gotten a little better! It seems to have healed over at least, and he's acting like his normal self!

I'm wondering if he may have gotten himself stuck between the heater and the glass ?

If so, I'll be changing his name from Al Gore-ami to the Hound.

Attachments

• IMG_9519.jpg
    IMG_9519.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom