Dwarf Gourami and guppy possible illness?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mPhish

Aquarium Advice Freak
My DG and one guppy both have been acting odd. There are no symptoms other than sitting in the corner all the time (the DG) and sitting on the bottom nervously (guppy). The guppy swims around most of the time, but i've found him sitting all alone in the same spot more than once. He also gets up to eat and seems fine after that, but later I'll find him on the bottom again. The gourami has always been timid, but never to this extent. He hides in the corner near the bottom behind a plant, and it takes him a while to come to the top for food, but he's always been like that. They both eat.
What is wrong with them? Two different things?
:thanks:
P.s. the gourami's poop is clearish and stringy.

Could be the same thing. I'd check water chemistry, temp, ph, etc and see if anything else has changed in the tank.

You sure their not just scared of each other? I know dwarf gouramis are supposedly able to be kept with guppies, but only in big tanks.

The guppy seems fine now and the gourami is doing better, but i'm sure they weren't scared of each other. They even sat near each other sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom