Dwarf Gourami Diagnosis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FeldmansFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
My dwarf gourami has this whitish spot near his tail, It appears to have gone through the body as I can see a needle thin hole through, and the area around it looks torn up and sort of cottony. It's in quarantine right now, being treated with aquarium salt and also pimafix. I have no idea what's happening to him. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• image-1109083363.jpg
    image-1109083363.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 50
Water conditions are fine
Only other fish that were in his tank are cories
He's not being lethargic and still eats

A better pic...

Attachments

• image-2327680907.jpg
    image-2327680907.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 48
He appears to have a serious bacterial infection although I would not necessarily rule out DGD. You can try treating him with a good antibiotic (pimafix is not an antibiotic) such as kanamycin or even consider a kanamycin/furan combo for more broad spectrum potential. Please ask if you have questions!

I agree with the use of antibiotic, epically due to the severity of the infection but I prefer to use medicated flakes as long as the fish is eating. In my experience ingesting the medications is more effective than treating the water coloum. Here are my to to flakes when treating for everything from internal parasites to gram negative/positive bactieral infections.

Fish Antibiotic Medication

Back
Top Bottom