Dwarf gourami has a sore!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

poohbear1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi im unsure what this sore is on my dwarf gourami does anyone no? I thort he had been bitten by another its been a week now and its gotten worse on his eye any ideas what to do??ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400926392.947161.jpg

Problem DG disease. Very common and has no cure I belive though it could be something else so research that and see if it looks the same

Okay i will have a look but im sure he got bitten as he was getting bullied by another gourami..ive been using melafix and wunder tonic are these going to help?

What other type of groumai. And it always be a fungus and those should help, also do extra water changes

Okay and its alright to use those 2 meds together? It was one of his dwarf gourami tankmates..ive moved him to my divided side with my betta and platys hes fine in there thankfully do i water change evryday?

No I say every 3, have I have do Idea I to use them togther though I've always used mediflix and had good results. Research in them and make sure they don't counter react

Looks like what happened to my gouramis eye. I thought it was pop eye and treated him with melafix but unfortunately it didn't work and he died.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay thankyou do u have a link to counter reacting meds? Or what do i search? Hes eating and acting normally..i reLly dont want to loose him :(

Sadly I don't, though I think the best thing to google in this case would be
Does metflix and wunder toxic react
Dwarf groumai disease
Fungus or infections cause by bite marks in fish (make sure to put fish or else you might get a lot of eye sores haha)

Back
Top Bottom