dwarf gourami keep dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They do eat like crazy... My DG is actually picking at some algae right now and will still eat tons of flakes! He keeps to himself too only chasing my betta down every once in a while, funny because she harassed him for like the first two days and now he's the boss! I notice he does get stressed easily though, he was acting pretty weird after my last water change until i fed him and then he was fine... Lol How is your cycle coming along? Any change in the parameters?

Stop trying to figure it out. Had same problem. My supplier believes it is a wide spread breeder issue and advised me to steer clear of them for several months.

So far. Only had this issue with Powder Blues. All my Reds are just fine .

Cycling is coming along. My ammonia is staying down only topping out at 2ppm before daily pwc. After pwc it comes down to .25-.5. Its just a matter of time but for now

Fingers crossed. My fish are doing well with the changes. Looks like mu gbrs might try to spawn soon. Im creditting water quality improvement for that.

I noticed a big difference in mine too, my glowlights became much more vibrant once I started keeping everything in check, and everyone became very active. Good luck, keep me posted!

UPDATE: So today i check my ammonia levels and they are lower than theyve been ever during a 24hr period with no pwc. It dropped from topping out at 2ppm to 1 ppm. So i went ahead and checked my nitrite and nitrate levels. Hadnt checked them in a few days cause theyd been zero with high ammonia. Well theyre not zero anymore. My nitrite level is 5ppm and my nitrates are around 50ppm. So I'm going ahead with my regular pwc mainly cause i know those levels are high. I'm waiting for a response from mumma on what i should do next but I'm assuming this is another stage in the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom