dwarf gourami mouth bleading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i would just watch and see. he might have scraped it on something. during this time it is very important to keep the water pristine and do water changes every few days maybe 20% every 2nd day. clean water will help your fish heal the wound and also help to keep it from getting infected. fish have the ability to heal small wounds without medication if the environment (water) is kept pristine. if it was me i'd watch for a few days before i took any other action.

i wouldn't separate the fish if the only thing you see is a small wound. it is stressful to the fish to separate it from it's normal living space. is the wound looking any better? i didn't ask but i assume that your tank is cycled and all your water parameters are correct. do you have a liquid test kit? could you post your ammonia, ph nitrites and nitrates? if they are all within normal limits and the other fish aren't picking on the injured one, i would watch for signs that the wound is healing and not getting any worse. if you must medicate the fish then i would remove to another aquarium or bowl to treat. i wouldn't treat all my fish for just the one that has the problem. do the other fish all seem healthy?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom