dwarf gourami sick help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what are these red spots or sore bump looking thing..

ForumRunner_20120320_082527.jpg

ForumRunner_20120320_082833.jpg

ForumRunner_20120320_082914.jpg

sorry for the poor pics :(

How long have you had the fish? What is your water testing at? I really can't see the pics but you said they look like sores. Google dwarf gourami disease and see if it is similar to what your fish have.

since october. I will test when I get home I was in a rush for this morning. temp is 78 I know I checked when I saw this.

My dwarf had the same thing. We battled it for months with salt and anti bacterial medication but he passed. The closest I could get to diagnosis was HITH or lateral line disease.

Its hard to tell from the pics but they do resemble ulcers. If all of your fish can handle salt, I would work on gradually increasing the salinity. I am not sure where you reside (country) so I am not sure what you have access to meds-wise or if you have a qt tank for treatment.

they do look like ulcers too and a lil bit of fin rot..i got some maracye 2 to treat. im guessing my nitrates have played a factor in this being over 80ppm. I did a 80% change.. I have a snail so ill have to put him in my 29gal. I dont really have access to a qt

Ok, try treating & increase the salinity if everyone is ok with salt. I would aim for around 1tbsp per 5 gal (premixed cup tank water & added gradually over the course of 2 days). Good luck & keep us posted!

First, is everybody in the 55g ok with salt? I dont know what other fish you have in here. The dose of aq salt would be 11 tablespoons (flat)- use a tablespoon measuring spoon not just a big spoon to measure. If you dont have one, hit the dollar store & you can pick up a set of plastic measuring spoons for a $1. Good to have for measuring fish stuff anyway! :)

jlk said:
First, is everybody in the 55g ok with salt? I dont know what other fish you have in here. The dose of aq salt would be 11 tablespoons (flat)- use a tablespoon measuring spoon not just a big spoon to measure. If you dont have one, hit the dollar store & you can pick up a set of plastic measuring spoons for a $1. Good to have for measuring fish stuff anyway! :)

okay I have
1 apple snail.
2 angels
3 platies
6 black skirt.
6 pristella.tetras
1 dwarf gourami

I dont keep tropicals but I believe everyone is ok with salt- someone please correct me if I am wrong! Premix it in large cup of tank water & add gradually over 2 days. After day 1 (and 1/2 dose), observe your fish carefully to see how they react. If all is well, then you can gradually add the 2nd 1/2 dose.

update!
I think hes doing better. they scales dont look as bad. everyone seems to be doing.great in the salt

Back
Top Bottom