Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Dwarf Gourami swim bladder issue?

Hey guys. I've just noticed that my blue Dwarf Gourami is staying in the top back right corner of the tank. This also happens to be where there is the least current, at least on the surface. He swam away once or twice and seems to have a very slight a tilt to one side.
He doesn't seem to be having any actual trouble other than what I've mentioned. His breathing is normal and doesn't appear to be struggling to swim or anything like that. I'm attached to these little guys and I wanna help him if I can. He's never behaved like this before.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

He just sank to the bottom and laid there. His buddy came over and laid with him and then started trying to play and now he's back at the top. The degree of tilt is more pronounced than when I looked earlier

Old 04-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Should I try peas? We've only got a kind called sugar snap peas. What kind is it that is meant to be used or will that work?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:29 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well in the 2 and a half hours I was away at the gym he has gotten much worse. He was laying on his side when I walked in. When I got closer he tried to get upright but ended up spiraling in place nose down. His breathing seems erratic as well. I've put him in a breeding net so he doesn't hurt himself on the glass since he's desperately trying to right himself and so someone else doesn't pick him as an easy target as well as keeping him close to the surface so he can get there easier if need be. I'm very worried that he isn't going to make it through the night. I've done what little I know to do and nobody is offering any help.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm not that experienced with fish, so I don't have any advice to offer, but I hope someone else does!!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well he made it. This morning he was upright again. I left him in the net until I got back from class though, just in case. He still seems to have "unsteady feet" but he's swimming away and can still outrun his buddy. I'm hopeful for a full recovery

Tags
dwarf, dwarf gourami, gourami, swim bladder

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com