Dying Danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my zebra danios is missing a tail and I'm puzzled as to why. I know there is basically nothing I can do about it. All he can do is lay on the bottom and breathe. The inhabitants of my 90g in which he is in is:

8 zebra danios(including dying one)
1 BN pleco
3 cardinal tetras (7 died)

I'm guessing the only thing that could have done it was my BN. He probably attacked the danio in the night because he is nocturnal and the danio wasn't expecting it or was asleep. I don't know why.... I have a ton of algae on my tank... plenty food for the BN. Should I kill the danio myself to end its suffering? If so, how?

Can't tell... looks like it has pop-eye now.... GOSH #$%&^$@#@!#$@%!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well.... hope the tail can grow back... bet its suffering bad. It better live!!!! (yeah right)

I would move him in a QT tank so the other fish won't peck on him. Is he not being able to swim at all? You will have to squirt food in his face since he is probably not being able to move at all. And treat him for the popeye. I once had a guppy who lost ALL his fins in one day...I think the female betta crippled him grr.

Now one of my cardinals has lost most of its tail... wtf... must be the danios... the idiots :x I dont have a QT tank... I'll just let him die, I guess. I also dont have any melafix or anything. Also my remaining platy fry died in my 10 gall. he lost a lot of his tail too from the betta before he died. I SUCK at fishkeeping.

Back
Top Bottom