Dying Dwarf Gourami! Need Help Quick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaffooJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! Yesterday I noticed my dwarf gourami not eating at all. Today he still didn't have much of an appetite and just hid behind the themometer when food came. Just now I come home and find him lying at the bottom breathing rapidly and very weak. So weak the filter picked him up and I had to unplug it. I did a 25% water change just now, even though I had just done a 40% in the morning. All the other fish are fine and swimming around like they always do, all eating and stuff. They are in a 20g I have had set up for about 3 months now, and I have 2 20g filters running in it. I have an airstone running and the water level is set low so the filters give air too. I don't know whats wrong with him, and am afraid he is going to die. Any help would be appreciated! :thanks: :fish2:

Update. He is swimming around now, tried feeding him but he wasn't crazy for it. Any idea whats wrong?

Update. He didn't make it. :( Any reason why he died would be appreciated though!

Hi mafoo

A liquid test kit may provide you with some answers.

The fact that he began swimming around again after the 25% water change leads me to believe that there may be a water issue.

What other fish do you have? And how many?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 10 neon tetras, 8 harlequin rasboras, 4 julii corys, and a mystery snail in the tank. I will check the water and get back to you

I tested the water and it read: pH 7.0, Ammonia: 0, Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 20ppm

Back
Top Bottom